Dedicated Dukascopy Swiss Forex Group negative reviews are not uncommon on the Internet, but, anyway, this broker is more often praised than criticized. Perhaps the main reason for the positive attitude of the Forex community to this brand remains Swiss registration and license. At its core, Dukascopy is both a broker and a Forex bank- this corporate structure format is conditioned by the requirements of Swiss law. Thus, one brand combines two interconnected directions:
- Brokerage house SWFX;
- Swiss Forex Bank and Marketplace.
The company is headquartered in Geneva. At the same time, the group’s network is represented by a number of units in the largest cities in Europe and Asia:
- Dukascopy Bank SA: Geneva, zurich, Kiev, Hong Kong, Moscow;
- Dukascopy Europe IBS AS: Riga;
- Dukascopy Community (Shanghai) Co: Shanghai.
Development plans for the near future include the establishment of a representative office in Kaula Lumpur. The financial group is registered in Switzerland and regulated by FINMA.
History and key information about the Dukascopy group
Forex association grew out of a small project created under the leadership of Andre Duka (formerly Andrei Duka), a Ph.D. candidate in physics and mathematics and founder of quantum analysis. In fact, the new company embodied the desire to work out theoretical concepts in practice. In 1999, the company introduced a proprietary trading terminal. The course to work with alternative systems has remained until now: instead of MetaTrader (MT4) customers are offered their own software.
The transition to the format of the brokerage house took place in 2004. Four years later, the process of preparing for the establishment of forex bank in accordance with the norms of the Swiss Financial Market Supervision Commission (FINMA) was initiated, which was successful in 2010. In 2008. Dukascopy TV was released, and the Geneva Forex Event was established in 2010. Since 2011 there is an active cooperation with American FX Direct and Alpari US. Period from 2010 to 2013 marked the opening of a number of departments in various countries, as well as the application for a license giving the DC the right to work in the stock market.
Services for traders
Positioning itself as an ECN broker on Forex, Dukascopy offers private traders and legal entities competitive trading conditions:
- moderate spreads of 0.2 pips. (for euro/dollar pair);
- Reducing the influence of intermediary exchange mechanisms in processing buy/sell transactions;
- Unified rates and liquidity;
- Extensive range of trading orders (Place Bid/Offer, Take Profit,Market, Limit, Stop Loss, Trailing Stop, Stop Limit, Stop, OCO, IFD);
- Support for automation through advisers
- Islamic accounts;
- deposits in American, Canadian, Australian, Hong Kong and Singapore dollars, Swiss francs, euros, sterling, Japanese yen and Zlotz;
- Dukascopy PAMM: managed accounts for managing traders and investors based on PAMM (interest rate management module);
- The size of the deal from 0.01 lots;
- Five-digit quotes
- starting deposits from 100 U.S. dollars.
In Dukascopy, Forex traders are encouraged to choose from several platforms:
- JForex universal terminal, which supports both manual and automated trading;
- Java trading platform, aimed at more experienced professionals who prefer manual trading;
- A web terminal that provides a basic set of features with Internet browser access;
- SWFX Trader versions forAndroid and iOS (iPhone, iPad);
- Dukascopy MT4 is an application that provides basic compatibility with the popular MetaTrader 4 platform.